- – Diversified portfolio of bonds
- – Monthly cash flow
- – Short term bonds for risk aversion
- – Long-Term bonds for income
- – Security and diversification
- – Buy maximum yield available
- – No management fees
Bonds within a laddered portfolio provide maturity dates that are evenly-spaced over a number of months or years so the bonds ideally mature at regular intervals. As a result, interest payments (a.k.a. “coupons”) may provide a steady fixed income and perpetual reinvestment helps to curb interest-rate risk.